Class teacher – Upper KS2 – Full time
Pay Grade: Main Scale/UPS permanent Langtree Community School is part of the Two Rivers Federation, along with Bishops Tawton Primary School.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent class teacher to join our team from April 2024 (or September 2024 Leadership incentives will be considered along with UPS for the successful candidate. This is a rare opportunity to teach in a small rural village school, close to the beautiful North Devon Coast and the towns of Torrington, Bideford and Holsworthy. It is an exciting time to join our team and to really make a difference to the future for our children and our school. We are looking for candidates who are committed to raising progress and standards and, like us, believe that there is no barrier to achievement and that every child should, and can, access an ambitious education. We are seeking to appoint someone who possesses integrity, moral purpose and who is a resilient and forward thinking learner themselves.
If you want to make a difference for our children and enjoy working within a committed school team and partnership read on...
We want our new class teacher to:
• Have a proven track record of excellent primary school teaching
• Have an excellent knowledge of current educational practice, pedagogy and research.
• Have the ability to lead a subject area across the school
• Have a passion for innovation and creative thinking
• Have the ability to nurture our pupils and support each of them to reach their full potential
• Have high expectation for standards and behaviour
• Have high expectations of themselves and to be a reflective practitioner who values personal development
• Work effectively with the staff team and with parents.
• Be inspiring and motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, dynamic and fun.
In return we can offer: – Children who are welcoming, happy, curious and motivated to learn– Support and opportunities for your own development within a newly formed federation – A village location close to the North Devon Coast – Training and support, CPD opportunities, support for staff wellbeing – Supportive staff team, parents and wider community – The opportunity to work with a progressive and forward thinking partner school We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post. Langtree Community School is part of the Two Rivers Federation along with Bishops Tawton Primary School. Executive Head Teacher: Melanie Smallwood Head of School:
Sarah Rushworth Visits to Langtree Community School are warmly welcomed and should be arranged by contacting the school on 01805 601354 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Midday Monday 19th February - please apply by email using the application form and a covering letter referring to the person specification.
Interview Date: 23rd February 2024
16.25 hours per week over 5 week days
£11.59 per hour (FTE 22,366)
Two Rivers Federation has an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join our team,
working at Bishops Tawton Primary School.
Maybe you are looking for a part time role that fits around the school day and school holidays or want to be part of a family and community focused federation, then take the first step to join us by completing the application form.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated person who will be able to work closely with the Kitchen Manager and other school staff to assist in providing our school meal service.
Excellent interpersonal skills, interaction, team work, personal hygiene and organisation will be desirable for this role.
To apply, you will be:
- A reliable, committed and enthusiastic individual who enjoys and cares about working with children and adults
- Able to manage set tasks independently
- Willing to be a team player in our friendly and supportive school
- Willing to contribute to the wider school community
- Willing to train with a view to taking on greater responsibility
- Knowledgeable about keeping children safe
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Monday 19th February at 9am
Interviews: Monday 26th February
To apply complete the application form & email Business Support Officer, Laura Challacombe via email@example.com by closing date.