Aims and Vision
“A small school with high expectations…”
Both now and for the future we are committed to providing for all our learners;
- A safe, secure and vibrant learning community where everyone feels valued and respected. Where we care about each other and do our best to help. Where everyone is equal and yet unique.
- A high quality learning journey which enables everyone to engage: reflect, work together, be resilient, take risks, be curious and develop independence.
- A personalised, challenging and engaging curriculum that is both stimulating and creative. Where learners work hard, have fun and accept responsibilities
- Lifelong learning; independent, confident and responsible learners who are prepared to live well in modern Britain and the wider world.
We are friendly, polite and welcoming; our school is a happy place to be.
‘The school is a real community, with links to the wider community. It has set my children up perfectly for life in the wider world.’ Ofsted 2019
- Objective 1: To continually consider how well the school ensures equality of opportunities for all its pupils;
- Objective 2: To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with additional needs and/or disabilities.
At Bishops Tawton Primary School we are committed to providing equality of opportunity for all pupils and staff and to providing an environment which is free from discrimination, prejudice and harassment. We encourage respect and consideration for others, and value the school as a safe place for learning. The staff at Bishops Tawton Primary School recognise that inequalities exist in all levels of society and believe that, as educators, we have a crucial role to play in eliminating racism, sexism and all forms of discrimination. We promote equality by dealing with bullying, racial abuse and sexism immediately and by educating the young people in our care without prejudice.