The information below provides an overview of our SEND provision.
The Special Needs Coordinator (SENCo) – Mrs Donna Clark
(email@example.com available Wednesday to Friday)
- Developing and reviewing the school’s SEN policy.
- Co-ordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities(SEND).
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
- Liaising with outside agencies and ensuring support is in place to address pupil needs.
- Updating the SEND register within school.
- Reporting to the Governing Body.
Ensuring that you are:
- Involved in supporting your child’s learning
- Kept informed about the support your child is getting
- Involved in reviewing how they are doing.
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology, OT.
- Updating the school’s SEN register (a system for ensuring that all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept.
The Head teacher – Mrs Melanie Smallwood
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school; this includes the support for children with SEND.
- The Head teacher will give responsibility to the SENCo and class teachers, but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- The Head teacher must make sure that the Governing Body are kept up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEN Governor: Mr Simon Mills
- Making sure that the necessary support is given for all children with SEND who attend the school.
- The review of the Inclusion and Equality policy
School contact telephone number: 01271 343002
School email address: firstname.lastname@example.org